Monday, November 13, 2006

Exam Result

Yeah... I passed the driver's test finally (in second attempt). Now you will think, why second attempt is put in parentheses? Well... unlike others, I do not want to accept my self talking too much about my first failure, though this post is about my first failure and second success. :)

About a month ago, I appeared for my driver's test (so called - 'behind the wheel' test) first time. At that time, my examiner was a FAT lady who was hardly fitting into my car's seat. She looked non-American to me. It was my first time and I was conscious. Imagine what did I do? Just coming out of the complex I did a critical mistake which they call as 'Dangerous Maneuver' :( I still thought, she would not fail me due to it, she will see my complete driving skills and then she will decide to ignore this mistake or not.. But my driving needed more experience. She told me I drive good and not bad but she is failing me because of the critical mistake. Anyways... I came back with heavy heart.

Now I have to have my license, I just can not live without it. (do you think I can die without a license? ;-) ). I went for my second attempt today. I was at the counter where some lady does the registration..etc.. Now whom do I see there? Lady who failed me first time :( My heart was saying please go from here, please you are not the one who is my examiner this time also. And thank God She was not my examiner. This time it was a uncle (Chinese Uncle- who can easily fit in my car's seat). He asked me few questions and then gave me some instructions and then we started.

This time I did not make immediate critical mistake. Though I was conscious, I was little confident than last time. While driving, he was marking something on the paper & I was like, c'mon man, don't mark the mistakes, I am driving safe. And you know what, these examiners feel that everybody should be afraid of them. As if they are the ONLY talented drivers on this earth & anyone is no one in front of them. Everyone should feel, they are there to face the failure. :( I just don't like them. They make my heart beat faster. (I am not in love with them that my heart beats fast, you know....it is the opposite).

After coming back from a long route, I was not aware of my result. I could see the paper in his hand which was marked everywhere and I was like.. what is my resulttttt?. I was so blank that I could not read his face. I just wanted to hear my result. He gave me some five minutes of lecture and then he said, 'Alright, it is 9 mistakes, so you pass' huuuuuuh... I sighed.... My heart rate was coming down from 120. (I could count it you know ;))

Bottom line is, examiners are mad, they don't know how to behave with the examinee. Can't they just behave like a friend? Don't they know, a nervous person can cause an accident?
Well, I don't want to talk more negative about them, coz ultimately they only passed me :D

I am happppppppppppy, I passed the test. (a very small success though)

5 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Krupa!! Everyone's experience while giving the driving test is bad. So welcome to the team!!

Btw, the post was funny, keep blogging!!

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations gal!! I am sure you can come down every week to San Ramon now.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Sathish said...

Is this tension, fear.. makes us feel the success more enjoyable, happy filled..??
A pass at the first time, could have been different... may not be as happy as this... isn't it?

Anyway where is the treat? ;)

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi krupa.......a very very close friend of urs n no more a part of ur life....just wanna say ,'MISS U....love u' TAKE CARE BABY....

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi krupa.......a very very close friend of urs n no more a part of ur life....just wanna say ,'MISS U....love u' TAKE CARE BABY....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home