Sunday, December 03, 2006

Kitchen & me

This weekend, I have spent my 75% time of weekend in kitchen. I was not really cooking much, but don't know why was I in the kitchen all the time? Probably effect of heater is better in kitchen than in my bedroom ;)

Well.. I prepared some dishes which I wanted to cook since many days & I felt satisfied. Mostly, Those dishes were eaten by me, as I did not invite people & when I invited, they really did not bother much, (& hence) nor did I (may be, may be not!!)

Anyways...back to the topic-- Just to make sure that I do not have to wash vessels after eating, I was continuously washing vessels. :D I mean since morning, I was preparing something, washing the vessels. Ok what did I do after preparing the dish? I waited for my invitees, but as I did not formally invited anyone, no body was in even by 2:30 PM. And my assumption was that it was lunch invite. But dumb me! Assumption is a very bad disease, isn't it? When you assume, you build up false expectation. If I had communicated properly, this wouldn't occur. well, my fault! I thought let me sleep now, it is as good as preparing early dinner or probably early snacks. Since last night I have been behind this dish & it is early evening now & I have not eaten it yet. well.. I will be eating it soon though.

Everything in life teaches something. My today's lesson was not to wash vessels while preparing food :D. You know why? because If I had not washed them, I could had been doing that activity rather than sitting idle. hmm.. not idle really! I am with my love-my passion- Music. And I am writing a blog, isn't that worth use of time? It is sunday & I am in my bed listening to my favorite songs.

There was one more reason of cooking so much this weekend. My roomies are out this weekend & before they went for vacation, I told them that as they are out, I will have to cook for less people (actually only for me) & hence I can try different dishes. Experimenting on myself was a good option than on others. Risk of being critisized is lesser in this case. :D So here, enjoying my sunday with full satisfaction of preparing 'pani-puri'. Just Lovely!! what say? ;)

By the way, I am a good cook. (Did you smile at my over confidence?) & My kitchen is proud to have me. :)

~KrupA

5 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good cook definitely. Your parathas, theplas are awesome. Your chutney and gajar ka halwa was also mouth watering.

As for paani puri, well you cant call people who eat a lot for lunch over paani puri. We just decided to be good guests by eating something before we come to your place, so that we do not hog too much.

We love your food. And I can vouch for you to be amongst the best cooks I have ever known. Forgive us, cause we did not intend to do injustice to your food. I apologize on everyone's behalf.

To err is human, to forgive divine :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Krupa said...

To anonymous: Thanks for praising my cooking abilities. At the end of blog, I have written that I am a good cook :D .. hmm.
Secondly, It was my silly expectation having base of false assumption, so here I do not intend to blame anyone.

It is so nice of you to take responsibility on everyone's behalf, but I do not mean to hurt or blame anyone for my mistake. Please don't make me feel guilty by asking for forgiveness.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Krupa said...

And one more thing, I know who will miss my food the most & who is affected by it the most. One unfortunate person loves my food but can not have ever! That's an irony. I feel so empty, that unfortunate is not here to eat food cooked by ME.:(

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally that Unfortunate person had savory "RAGADA PATTICE" .
Yum-Yum[:P]

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Sathish said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home