Monday, December 18, 2006

It's Free

Did you try to guess what can be the content by its title? Well, if you have not yet then let me tell you that you have never been lucky to be offered with some FREE gift/award..

With the click on any site, there pops up the windows offering you FREE phone, FREE Music system, laptop, Diamond Jewellery, flight tickets, holiday packages and what not... sigh!!!! I am still not clear about the exact benefit these merchants make by giving these free gifts. I mean sometimes, be reasonable man ... in offering something. How can I be so (randomly) eligible for the gift worth some milion Rupees?

Over and above this, there are marketing representatives who keep on offering credit cards - so called 'Life time free credit cards'. One day I was so pissed off by these credit card calls that one lady called me saying this xx credit card is free and to that I asked her - 'Does that mean, I will not get any monthly bills? ;-) " Thak!!! (! shock) She had to simply hang up. This happens - when you get frustrated about something and then anyone who comes in front of you, becomes the target for that frustration outburst. :)

Ok, let me tell you the interesting part of these free gifts. There is ALWAYS a small '*' (star) sign after that word 'FREE'. When I was younger, I used to see the offers in the news paper about some furniture (or something...) and then check its * part, and guess what? - you actually end up with a disappointment due to those terms and conditions. Nowadays, I get some mails at home which says I am eligible to win $1,21,00,000. Now can you beat this stupid, senseless offer? I have no clue about that institute or that firm and still they offer me the eligibility to win such a big amount. How funny!

Similarly, in our lives, we may meet with some ways which look very simple, easy and fastest (may or may not be honest path), BUT we miss to watch carefully that '*' part. So just be careful in taking some actions which look quicker. Just think once more... it doesn't harm, does it?

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sathish said...

:) feel..., free has become some thing like... give me Rs.10, we give a free soap...

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Sathish said...

about the other easy choices in life.... mmmm.. it is a going to be an experience which will be different...

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Krupa said...

:) true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home