Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ooops.. meeting over? !?!?!

Since Last two weeks I was feeling so restless to write about this but somehow could not make it. Anyway.. Hope the excitement to write about this before two weeks is reflected in this one.

Let me try though...

In a software industry, typically you have to attend meetings and discuss the design, status and issues of the project. I definitely enjoy those to its fullest. Good part of such meetings (when you are not a lead) is that, you don't have to speak much. But hold on.. don't think this meeting ends so soon just because I don't speak. One and half hour meeting to discuss status is really not enough you know ;)

hmm..As you know me by now that I am a continuous observer, I keep observing the way my lead tries to manage everything during this one and half hour. Working in a team where some members are geographically not at the same location, we have this conference call methods to communicate. Now before the meeting ends, the meeting bridge gives a warning before last ten minutes. Warning says something like this: "Your meeting will end in ten minutes" It's kinda warning to us that "People.. understand that you will be able to talk and make people tolerate for only next ten minutes" ;)

I normally sit quite and try to keep awake [meeting happens in the morning times :( ]. When the lead starts talking, there comes up many other things in mind. Who can control the mind man? Mind will bring every related things up right there (where it is not required at that time!) and then we end up talking about things other than agenda but of course those things are important. How can I say that my meeting is of no use, definitely it is. But trying to manage each and everything in that one & half hours has been a kinda challenge for my lead.

Team lead has to talk about so many things, and hence forgets sometimes that we are running out of time. So the moment when the 10 minutes warning comes, you must see his expression. Restless, impatient and frustration are some of ALL words which can define that expression suitably. I love to see that. ;) This has been happening since quite many meetings, and each time I see there's a different approach to handle the same meeting, same agenda. But as I said, mind has to bring all related stuff up and it can not be stopped. :D Then he ends up with the expression in the title ... meeting over?!?!

Things keep coming and going..project moving in a different phase, but the struggle to finish the meeting in time is still ON. I must say though that the last time we had a meeting, it was better and we finished before time. Ten minutes warning did not change the expression this time ;)

~KrupA

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Sathish said...

:)... mmmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home